Monday, December 7, 2015

Christmas Traditions

Hello guys! 

I hope you're all enjoying the Christmas season so far. It's still hard for be to believe that this year is almost over already. 

Anyways, I wanted to post about some of the traditions we have going on right now or are looking forward to in my family. Because I come from a pretty large family, Christmas traditions are a huge production every year. I honestly think we add at least one new tradition every year....and we don't even mean to do it on purpose.


One of the oldest traditions we stick to is ornament gifts. Every year on Christmas Eve, we get to open one present. That one present is an ornament that either describes us as an individual or has to do with something we enjoyed that year. As you can imagine, since my middle name is Noelle, I have received several "Noel" themed ornaments. After 20 years of celebrating this tradition, we have more than enough ornaments to fill our tree. It's so fun to get them all out and remember each year and how much everyone has changed. 


Another tradition we celebrate is new pajamas on Christmas eve. We just started this tradition last year and so far it's been fun! I love it. For some reason no one in my family has ever been into buying new pajamas...so we just have always had the same ones from forever ago. Because of that, we all love the luxury of getting a new pair every year.

This year we added one more tradition to the bunch. My youngest siblings are four and two, so I wanted to do something that was geared more towards them, something that will be special to them when they get older. So this year I started the book tradition. (disclaimer: I saw this on Pinterest...this was not originally my idea.) Every night starting on December 1st, the kids get to go pick one wrapped books from under the tree and open it, then we read it. We're now on day 7 of this and they LOVE it! It's the highlight of their day. Obviously every book is Christmas themed and we're going to end on Christmas Eve with the "Golden Present," which happens to be the "Night Before Christmas." At the end of this season, the books will go into the Christmas boxes and we'll start all over again next year. 


Just writing about all of these makes me so excited for Christmas Eve!

Anywho, I am hoping to post again next week about a surprise place we're going this weekend, but in the event that I get too busy, I hope you all have a lovely Christmas!

-KB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog